What we’ve done
By taking advantage of as many different media as possible – video, radio, and theatre – we try to bring our productions, which are rooted in Romany culture and experience, to as many people as possible. We think that by basing our stories on the lives and experiences of the Romany people we are able to create rich and powerful drama that can engage and involve our audiences.
To date our productions have included:
- Best Days of Our Lives (2003) – video
- A Gypsy’s Wish (2004) – video
- The Boy’s Grave (2004) – theatrical production
- Our Big Land (2005) – theatrical production and tour
- Killimengro (2006-2007) – theatrical production and tour
- Romano Drom (2007) – radio documentary series
- Atching Tan (2008-2010) – radio drama series
- Yellow Dress (2013) – Creative writing and production workshops
- Our Big Land (2014) – theatrical production and tour
The casts and crews of these productions have come from both Romany and non-Romany backgrounds. Some actors have progressed from their first encounters with drama at RTC to contributions in BBC and ITV productions, as well as on the West End stage.